Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Big Sam's NYC Sullivan Hall Review


Oh, Big Sam!! You ripped us up GOOD!!!!

Big Sam's Funky Nation's New Cd: King of the Party

New York City was NOT prepared for what hit it Friday night. How do I know this? Because EVERYONE I know who attended Friday’s show was crying from the pain on Saturday after we danced OUR ASSES OFF!!!! Big Sam’s Funky Nation rolled in hard and strong to Sullivan Hall for the Album Release Party of their fourth studio album, King of the Party this past Friday. OK! I am just going to say it: Big Sam is…STRAIGHT UP…the King of the Party. What an amazing, fun, fantastic performance!

I was unable to make it for the opening acts as I had a previous engagement uptown with a group of my favorite girlfriends. Yes, just sometimes, I make room for things other then music in my life. S0, I quite literally arrived at the venue as the The High & Mighty Brass Band was wrapping up. SORRY H&MBB!!

As I entered the venue, I walked up to the right front of the stage and there they all were; the lovely members of the NYC Funk Live Group who were able to make it out that night. I was immediately bombarded with hugs, introductions and smiles. Apparently, I had missed a hell of an opener as they all seemed energized. My good pal, Russ, says “I wasn’t sure of the set list, but I got this for ya,” as he hands me The High & Mighty Brass Band’s set list from the stage!!! Enjoy:


No comments: